Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Dani Sings the Blues
Tuesday, October 08 2019 @ 09:18 AM CDT

This is inspiring. The vocals come from her heart! I want to hire a bass player for her and get her some keyboards and horns. Funny how she is being marketed. A voice like hers can drive a big band like mad. Small market tactics and wait to see how/if she breaks with the Wokes? All you Swifties and Maudy fans feel ashamed yet? Must be so frustrating for her. She's got the blues.

Daug
Moviz
Forum Full Member

Re:Dani Sings the Blues
Tuesday, October 08 2019 @ 11:22 AM CDT

As you say Dawg; she sounds really top notch......great voice and intonation. Not a lot with quality like this.

It's never too late.... is it?
alley-oop
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, October 08 2019 @ 01:59 PM CDT

It seems she has a great career going, not sure what she should be frustrated about, Has three albums, slew of blues awards and tours. She's a great bass player.
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, October 08 2019 @ 08:56 PM CDT

Quote by: alley-oop
It seems she has a great career going, not sure what she should be frustrated about, Has three albums, slew of blues awards and tours. She's a great bass player.

I will attempt to help you my friend.
With pipes like that Dani doesn't need to play bass. She needs to front a big band and work it like mad, this means something very specific.
Dani is a national act by what measure? There are people who can't play, write or sing right here in MJ town with three CDs out. Having a CD out is not being a national player. Dani is marketed as a regional act. Why is that? What is her business plan? Savvy?
Dani can out sing any of the gals on the national scene. I suggest her talent is generational and she earns no national recognition. Has to be frustrating for her, especially when one considers the current crop of gal singers. Taylor Swift has already manipulated her audience out of fifty million dollars. Dani needs to get a better business plan.

Daug

rover101
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, October 09 2019 @ 12:45 PM CDT

Bullshit. She needs what she thinks she needs - a rocking family band (guitarist and drummer are her brothers) that knows her so well she can take chances that wouldn't be possible with a larger band. And maybe she just doesn't like jazz in its present forms (can't say I blame her).

Noli bastardi carborundum