Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Re:Mueller vs. Edward R. Morrow
Friday, December 14 2018 @ 12:33 PM CST

Quote by: MikeRobinson
...“Well, that’s my opinion, and I’m sticking to it.”

Well, Mike, you are are certainly entitled to whatever theory you want to believe. I, however, have no desire to participate in a Fantasy (Political) Football League. I have better things to do... like exposing Kleenex, for embedding sneezing powder in its tissues.

Good night and Good luck.

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Friday, December 14 2018 @ 01:32 PM CST

Okay, J.A. & Chikoppi – I’ll just stop this thread with this post, and continue to ignore Brace for Impact (as I always have).

But ... indulge me in this just-one closing comment:

“H-i-l-l-a-r-y ... L-O-S-T.™”

She did not lose because of Russians, nor anyone anywhere else.   She lost because she was faced with a credible (and, supremely wealthy) candidate who was like nothing Washington, DC had ever seen before – neither a politician nor a military retiree, and possessed of enough personal wealth to entirely co-opt the system.  

Now, to be fair, nothing of this sort had ever happened before, in the entire 231-year history of the US Constitution, so maybe she really didn’t understand.   But, truth be known, all of Washington, DC was blindsided, and perhaps this was precisely the point(!) that the fully-aware American voters intended to make, when first(!) given the real opportunity to do so.
Ordinarily, in American politics, “money” is the gatekeeper – you do not possess enough of it, and the only way to get enough of it is to corrupt yourself (for many years) at the altar of politics while you scramble to reach the top of it.   But, here came a candidate who possessed several thousand times more cash than any of them, and who was prepared to spend it.

With it, he connected to a swath of people who felt that they didn’t have a voice and that they had never been heard.   People that Washington, DC knows not of, and doesn’t particularly care to hear from.   Les Miserables ... the people who know how to find guillotines.
What is most pathetic to me, quite frankly, is her camp’s continued denial, and of course their willingness to spend public(!) money in the pursuit of that denial.   Nowhere do I see these people trying to “pause and reflect.”   I don’t see them engaging in any sort of “post-mortem” of their [disastrously ...] failed campaign.   I don’t see them seeking-out the voters, asking them to tell them what they did so very wrong.   Instead I see a stubborn re-enactment of exactly the same hubris that caused them to lose the election in the first place.   I don’t see the slightest indication from any of them that they think they did anything wrong, at all.
“They just don’t get it, do they?”   So dammed cock-sure that the Russians have spoken, but not the American people!   No, to them, that very thought is ... inconceivable ... a mistake ... maybe even a crime.
Absolutely the one-and-only thing that they will not consider is that the election outcome was genuine, that it really did come from the majority of the American States, and that they ought to be learning from it and perhaps discovering how to reconnect with the actual people of the country whom they seek to govern.   To me, this disqualifies them.   But, to them, such a thought is utterly foreign.   “Duly noted ...”

In 2016, I voted, and I did not vote for either of them.   And, in 2020, once again I will not vote for either of them.   I expect more from the people whom I call-upon to represent me, and so-far I have not found it.   But, even in this, I perceive a coming “sea change.”   I do not believe that the next twenty years of American politics will be at-all like the preceding fifty.

Well, I am very sorry to have bothered you all . . . please now go back to Brace for Impact, which somehow no one seemed to object to for (so far ...) 705 posts, and Have A Nice Day.™
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Friday, December 14 2018 @ 02:28 PM CST

Allow me to counter your emphasis with my own...

T-R-U-M-P is accountable for his own actions

You seem to want to believe that when people voice concerns or disapproval it's merely because they are petty or spiteful about the outcome of an election. That is false. I disagree with the actual policies and practices of this administration.

You seem to want to dismiss and ignore credible evidence of campaign fraud and clear evidence of foreign election interference. That is deeply unwise. Major acts of espionage were directed and conducted by a foreign power and there were multiple points of contact with foreign operatives that multiple people lied about. This has been confirmed not only our own intelligence agencies but the intelligence agencies of our allies as well.

I would like to know that the full extent of these covert operations has been exhaustively determined. I can't speculate as to why someone wouldn't.

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Friday, December 14 2018 @ 05:03 PM CST

Major acts of espionage were directed and conducted by a foreign power and there were multiple points of contact with foreign operatives that multiple people lied about. ...

(blah, blah, blah ...)
Okay, okay, I get it ...   “And that is the real reason why ...”

“H-i-l-l-a-r-y ... L-O-S-T-!!!

Because ... c’mon, let’s face it ... that’s really what it all comes down to, now isn’t it?   Because the actual people of the actual fifty states of the actual country, in their actual condition as they(!) saw it at the time, positively couldn’t have chosen any candidate other than the one that you pre-selected, unless “Duck And Cover” had not somehow hoodwinked them, every one, from a nefarious command-center centered in (of course ...) Moscow?

Because, after all, it is totally inconceivable that ... that ... they just didn’t like you?

That they ... that they ... freely voted for ... someone else?!?!?!

Gasp.   Horror.   It must be some kind of trans-global conspiracy . . .
The election results could not possibly have been ... ... ...

... real ...
No!!   It absolutely cannot(!) be that:   the election process proceeded, without external impediment, exactly as its Authors intended.

Somehow, “a foreign power (of course)” must have been the mastermind behind your candidate’s ignonimous defeat.   And of course it goes without saying that there is only one “foreign power™” that need apply.

“Fine, well-equipped hospitals?” ... stupid fools ... don’t you have your priorities straight?
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Friday, December 14 2018 @ 05:26 PM CST

No Mike.

I don't know how much more explicit I can be.

I have explained to you the evidence at hand. I have told you why I am concerned and what those concerns are based upon.

Now you have resorted to calling me a liar.

I warned you about this topic generating heat and friction without light.

Is this really the course you want to pursue?

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Friday, December 14 2018 @ 05:41 PM CST

Chikoppi, forbear it from me ... to ever(!!) ... “call you a liar!”

I hereby explicitly retract, hereby-own, and expressly apologize for ... any such mis-conception!

I do not know you.   I have never met you.   I cannot possibly be speaking personally against you as both of us stand around the same Internet water-cooler!

Nay – I simply intended to advance “the contrarian(?) debate position” that, in my opinion and perhaps mine alone, the points that you have repeatedly raised are, in fact, “beside the greater point.”
  • Point (1) :   “OMG!   Somebody lied about X!”
  • Counter-Point:   Why do you care?”
Why ...” is because it advances ( 2 ) a position which has been presumed:   namely, “that the presence of This A*shole In The White House is illegitimate.”

Well, as any good student of Goebbels already knows, maintaining a singular focus on (1) will divert attention from (2).   If a position has been “presumed,” then no one will pause to “examine” it!   Continued focus on (1) will not only deflect any attention on (2), but will, with every repetition, reinforce(!) and legitimize(!!) it.

Perhaps you recall the magician’s trick – the Prestige – which involves the introduction of something that may well be totally irrelevant, provided that it is sufficiently misleading and distracting?   The fundamental message is – and, remains – that “the present occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is illegitimate,” and(!) that “this is therefore a Wrong that must be Righted, at whatever cost.”   “Russia” is simply that Prestige.

Therefore – does it really matter that the pretense is “Russians?”   No, not particularly.   Only the core message of illegitimacy matters.   To that end, any pretense will do, and any amount of public money that is to be spent advancing that pretense – whatever it is – is equally acceptable.   (Stay tuned ... it rather looks like Mueller is about to entirely switch targets.   After all, there’s about 3 weeks to go ...!)

Just ... carefully read this web-page ...it pays to be aware of what we all(!) are up against . . .
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Friday, December 14 2018 @ 06:02 PM CST

Nay – I simply intended to advance “the contrarian(?) debate position” that, in my opinion and perhaps mine alone, the points that you have repeatedly raised are, in fact, “beside the greater point.”
  • Point (!):   “OMG!   Somebody lied about X!”
  • Counter-Point:   Why do you care?”
Why ...” is because it advances (2) a position to which you have already subscribed:   namely, “that the presence of This A*shole In The White House is illegitimate.”

Well, as any good student of Goebbels already knows, maintaining a singular focus on (1) will divert attention from (2).

Just ... carefully read this ...it pays to be aware of what we all(!) are up against . . .

Please either cite where where I made any claims whatsoever about illegitimacy or retract your assertion.

Now you have not only called me a liar, but have also insinuated that I am a student of Nazis.

Step back, take a breath, and consider what you are doing.

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Friday, December 14 2018 @ 06:11 PM CST

Quote by: chikoppi
Now you have not only called me a liar, but have also insinuated that I am a student of Nazis.

“WTF?!?!”   Whew!   Get a grip ... take a breath ... deep breaths now ... we are all just musicians here, and you are after all addressing a perfect stranger.   So, let us all now mutually agree to de-fuse this situation, and then to abandon this discussion-thread which ... despite my intentions ... apparently is leading nowhere.

In truth, I have intended to call “you” nothing.   Your interpretations of me are not mine – of the motivations that you seem to ascribe to me, I know not.   There must be some kind of a mistake here.   With you I have no quarrel.   Peace...   Music ...
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Friday, December 14 2018 @ 07:02 PM CST

Quote by: chikoppi

“WTF?!?!”   Whew!   Get a grip ... take a breath ... deep breaths now ... we are all just musicians here, and you are after all addressing a perfect stranger.   So, let us all now mutually agree to de-fuse this situation, and then to abandon this discussion-thread which ... despite my intentions ... apparently is leading nowhere.

In truth, I have intended to call “you” nothing.   Your interpretations of me are not mine – of the motivations that you seem to ascribe to me, I know not.   There must be some kind of a mistake here.   With you I have no quarrel.   Peace...   Music ...

I'm not responding emotionally. I'm responding to what you've written. I think a prerequisite for having a productive discussion requires not telling someone that what they actually mean is something the haven't said or that you've decided what their position is for them.

That said, I certainly have no interest in inviting further comment.

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Saturday, December 15 2018 @ 09:54 AM CST

Well, I’m sorry that you interpreted it in that way.

Mueller will spend his money and run his course.   First week of January or so, a Democrat-controlled House will pass Articles of Impeachment along party lines, citing what Mr. Mueller has written, and the Senate will dismiss them also along party lines.   And so, for the next two years or perhaps six, the game of denial will continue in various ways.   There is nothing subtle nor difficult to understand here.   But a lot of people’s lives are going to be wiped-out by the fallout, including a retired Army General who served his country faithfully and well.   Millions of dollars in public money will have been squandered ruining people’s lives in a mockery of judicial process and official investigation.

But we always knew that “The Swamp” doesn’t want to be drained.   The American people said quite boldly that they wanted their government to be different, but that government has stuffed its ears.