Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
bronco
Forum Full Member

Re:The $3x million dollar sucker-job
Saturday, April 13 2019 @ 12:43 PM CDT

Damn, I don't know why I am doing this but here goes more wasted time. Next to the ten Trillion dollars we have spent on the middle east oil wars, this seems such a drop in the bucket. How much has Trump spent on the military that really wasn't needed?

Am I the only old guy on here? We do remember the Republicans trying to do the same thing to the Clinton's right? Amazing how no one important ever goes to jail in any of these incredibly long and expensive investigations. The System and it's participants on both sides are so corrupt that they dare not play for keeps as they are so vulnerable also. There is only one reason for any of these things. The next election. They hope they can dig up enough dirt to influence it on their side.

But actually make any of our rich landlords of the government pay with jail time? Not likely to ever happen. I mean Hillary broke security laws that clearly sent other people to prison. The Clinton Foundation is a hillarious tragedy of broken laws, mismanagement, theft, and a clearing house for corporate bribes! Trump threatened to lock her up but then predictably backed down and tried to make peace. Even as nasty an old business wheeler/dealer as Trump has been a little shocked at the pernicious viciousness of the Clinton machine and it's allies.

And if we really want to look back at other "independent prosecutors", how about the Iran/Contra debacle during the Reagan administration. I mean here we had ex CIA agents by the score testifying that the CIA was flying arms into Nicaragua to the Contra's and getting paid with airplane loads of cocaine going back to California, which started the "Crack" epidemic.

The money from the sale of the cocaine as well as other sources of revenue then was used to buy more arms for the Contra's and to try and ransom our hostages from Iran. This coming from the President who swore we would never negotiate over hostages.

The guilty parties who should have gone to prison were Vice President Bush and his henchmen as they were the ones running that particular show. Reagan was probably senile by this time. The only people convicted were ole Ollie North and a couple of other bagmen who were, of course, promptly pardoned.

So the citizens can rise up and scream but until they educate themselves as to who these candidates really are and vote for the ones that the "media", better known as corporate propaganda, say don't have a chance then we are doomed to repeat this garbage in a never ending circle of ridiculousness until it all collapses and true suffering begins.
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Saturday, April 13 2019 @ 12:44 PM CDT

Quote by: davajonah
Quote by: SmokeyVW
please just shut up and go away

I second this.

Yes... God forbid diverse viewpoints be allowed here at MJ...

Sigh...

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” (St. Augustine)
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, April 16 2019 @ 10:49 AM CDT

Quote by: bronco
Damn, I don't know why I am doing this but here goes more wasted time. Next to the ten Trillion dollars we have spent on the middle east oil wars, this seems such a drop in the bucket. How much has Trump spent on the military that really wasn't needed?

Am I the only old guy on here? We do remember the Republicans trying to do the same thing to the Clinton's right? Amazing how no one important ever goes to jail in any of these incredibly long and expensive investigations. The System and it's participants on both sides are so corrupt that they dare not play for keeps as they are so vulnerable also. There is only one reason for any of these things. The next election. They hope they can dig up enough dirt to influence it on their side.

But actually make any of our rich landlords of the government pay with jail time? Not likely to ever happen. I mean Hillary broke security laws that clearly sent other people to prison. The Clinton Foundation is a hillarious tragedy of broken laws, mismanagement, theft, and a clearing house for corporate bribes! Trump threatened to lock her up but then predictably backed down and tried to make peace. Even as nasty an old business wheeler/dealer as Trump has been a little shocked at the pernicious viciousness of the Clinton machine and it's allies.

And if we really want to look back at other "independent prosecutors", how about the Iran/Contra debacle during the Reagan administration. I mean here we had ex CIA agents by the score testifying that the CIA was flying arms into Nicaragua to the Contra's and getting paid with airplane loads of cocaine going back to California, which started the "Crack" epidemic.

The money from the sale of the cocaine as well as other sources of revenue then was used to buy more arms for the Contra's and to try and ransom our hostages from Iran. This coming from the President who swore we would never negotiate over hostages.

The guilty parties who should have gone to prison were Vice President Bush and his henchmen as they were the ones running that particular show. Reagan was probably senile by this time. The only people convicted were ole Ollie North and a couple of other bagmen who were, of course, promptly pardoned.

So the citizens can rise up and scream but until they educate themselves as to who these candidates really are and vote for the ones that the "media", better known as corporate propaganda, say don't have a chance then we are doomed to repeat this garbage in a never ending circle of ridiculousness until it all collapses and true suffering begins.

AMEN!

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” (St. Augustine)
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, April 16 2019 @ 10:56 AM CDT

Quote by: MikeRobinson
Wow.

So why don’t you all just do the very-obvious thing and ask the site owner to work his database magic, delete all of my songs and all of my posts, delete (as he can certainly do) 100% of all evidence that I ever existed?

Otherwise – I feel that I am now witnessing, and being subjected to, a ruthless but all-too-familiar modern political tactic:   “ad hominem attacks, elevated to the level of character assassination.”   Eagerly tearing into the hide of someone else – a complete stranger whom you have never met, and never will.   Just because he does not choose to sing from your political songbook.

Meanwhile, the Brace for Impact thread is up to seven hundred and five posts, and apparently still counting.

“T-w-e-e-e-e-e-e-t!!” But wait!

You know, when I see perfect strangers reacting in such vociferous ways against other perfect strangers, I rather frankly begin to suspect that both of us(!) are being manipulated by “crowd psychology” tactics that perhaps we have not yet properly appreciated.

I accept 100% responsibility for every single thing that I have ever said here, and I sincerely apologize to the entire Community if I have ever offended any of you ... but, “in exchanges such as this one, I think that I am beginning to smell a[n outside
rat.”   I frankly don’t consider it normal for human beings who have never met each other to respond in an open forum in quite this way ... unless something else is afoot.   And I simply would like to express the observation that – maybe we need to consider that, “in these days and times,” much more than we so-far have.

Are we ... perhaps, as a society ... being manipulated?   “Crowd Psychology” was a topic that I spent a lot of time thinking about, way back in college.   It is a very insidious thing.   Has, say, “social media” been bent to its nefarious ends?   I think that all of us need to seriously consider this angle right now ... because, I do smell rats.   (And none of them are MacJams members!)

You Sir, are no more opinionated than anyone else on this site and certainly are NOT a "troll."

It's so sad that some folks simply cannot bear to be contradicted, and must lash out at any and all who dissent from their views. (To my shame, I have on occasion yielded to this temptation.)

When will enough be enough friends?

Let's beat our sword's into musical instruments and make this a joyous site once again!

carbon
Forum Chatty

Tuesday, April 16 2019 @ 04:34 PM CDT

Quote by: Calchas
Wow.

So why don’t you all just do the very-obvious thing and ask the site owner to work his database magic, delete all of my songs and all of my posts, delete (as he can certainly do) 100% of all evidence that I ever existed?

Otherwise – I feel that I am now witnessing, and being subjected to, a ruthless but all-too-familiar modern political tactic:   “ad hominem attacks, elevated to the level of character assassination.”   Eagerly tearing into the hide of someone else – a complete stranger whom you have never met, and never will.   Just because he does not choose to sing from your political songbook.

Meanwhile, the Brace for Impact thread is up to seven hundred and five posts, and apparently still counting.

You know, when I see perfect strangers reacting in such vociferous ways against other perfect strangers, I rather frankly begin to suspect that both of us(!) are being manipulated by “crowd psychology” tactics that perhaps we have not yet properly appreciated.

I accept 100% responsibility for every single thing that I have ever said here, and I sincerely apologize to the entire Community if I have ever offended any of you ... but, “in exchanges such as this one, I think that I am beginning to smell a[n outside
rat.”   I frankly don’t consider it normal for human beings who have never met each other to respond in an open forum in quite this way ... unless something else is afoot.   And I simply would like to express the observation that – maybe we need to consider that, “in these days and times,” much more than we so-far have.

Are we ... perhaps, as a society ... being manipulated?   “Crowd Psychology” was a topic that I spent a lot of time thinking about, way back in college.   It is a very insidious thing.   Has, say, “social media” been bent to its nefarious ends?   I think that all of us need to seriously consider this angle right now ... because, I do smell rats.   (And none of them are MacJams members!)

You Sir, are no more opinionated than anyone else on this site and certainly are NOT a "troll."

It's so sad that some folks simply cannot bear to be contradicted, and must lash out at any and all who dissent from their views. (To my shame, I have on occasion yielded to this temptation.)

Let's beat our sword's into musical instruments and make this a joyous site once again!

Friend, you've got it all wrong. I have no issue whatsoever with someone possessing a different opinion than mine. Diversity of opinion is a beautiful thing, and I have no problem when my ideas are challenged. I'm always happy to learn something new when corrected. Your objection oversimplifies the issue, and is disingenuous at best.

I have an issues with trolls. It is my opinion that Mike Robinson is an internet troll based on the content (and I do use this term loosely) of nearly 1000 forum posts he's left on this site. You believe differently, which is perfectly cool with me. I'm calling it as I see it, just as I'd expect you would.

The good news for you is that I'm sure you'll have an opportunity to read something new from him any moment now.

Cheers,

Steve
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, April 16 2019 @ 04:51 PM CDT

Quote by: carbon
Quote by: Calchas
Wow.

Friend, you've got it all wrong. I have no issue whatsoever with someone possessing a different opinion than mine. Diversity of opinion is a beautiful thing, and I have no problem when my ideas are challenged. I'm always happy to learn something new.

I have an issues with trolls. It is my opinion that Mike Robinson is an internet troll based on the content (and I do use this term loosely) of nearly 1000 forum posts he's left on this site. You believe differently, which is perfectly cool with me. I'm calling it as I see it, just as I'd expect you would.

The good news for you is that I'm sure you'll have an opportunity to read something new from him any moment now.

Cheers,

Steve

So the man likes to disseminate his views. Geez... who doesn't?

My point is that there's been more than enough animosity and mud-slinging on this site. Indeed, such things have been its ruination.

I am only advocating a new spirit of tolerance, mutual respect, and civility. What is actually gained by calling someone a troll?

If you really believe someone is engaging in troll-like behavior why not simply ignore him/her? To my mind a real troll feeds on getting a rise out of folks. Better to starve the troll than feed it.

As for Mr. Robinson, I've found many of his posts informative to one degree or another.

Anyway, to one and all... please... peace out. Let's make some MUSIC!

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, April 16 2019 @ 06:52 PM CDT

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I propose a truce.”

Please accept my sincere apologies for using this forum to express a purely-political and therefore a non-musical position.   I will hold-harmless every one of you for anything that you have said [against me ...] and wish only for the entire thing to be buried.

We are obviously now living in “extremely divisive – brother against brother – political internet times,” such that I am frankly beginning to wonder where all of this drive is actually coming from.   Why is any of this in a forum that is supposed to be about music?   (I accept full responsibility for my part; I say this to my own shame, but suggest that we should not now dwell on it.)

I candidly think that crowd psychologists have lately been having a field day on the greater Internet, “pitting brother against brother” absolutely anywhere they could find to do so ... and that maybe we fell for it.

If Simon could please d-e-l-e-t-e this entire(!) thread, I submit that this would be a Very Good Thing.™
I'm sorry.

I own it.

I mean it.
Let’s move on.
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, April 16 2019 @ 07:11 PM CDT

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I propose a truce.”

Please accept my sincere apologies for using this forum to express a purely-political and therefore a non-musical position.   I will hold-harmless every one of you for anything that you have said [against me ...
and wish only for the entire thing to be buried.

We are obviously now living in “extremely divisive – brother against brother – political internet times,” such that I am frankly beginning to wonder where all of this drive is actually coming from.   Why is any of this in a forum that is supposed to be about music?   (I accept full responsibility for my part; I say this to my own shame, but suggest that we should not now dwell on it.)

I candidly think that crowd psychologists have lately been having a field day on the greater Internet, “pitting brother against brother” absolutely anywhere they could find to do so ... and that maybe we fell for it.

If Simon could please d-e-l-e-t-e this entire(!) thread, I submit that this would be a Very Good Thing.™
I'm sorry.

I own it.

I mean it.
Let’s move on.

Thanks for saying this Mike.

I know I have been quite an ass on more than one occasion over the years, and I regret it deeply. But as you say, it's time to move on and get back to the joy of making and sharing music.

No other site I've seen can compare with what MJ was in its heydey. iComp came close, but it's history now. If it happens to MJ... O what a loss!!!

Let's make this the season of the olive branch at MJ my friends.

Isn't this what we REALLY want?

If not, what the hell are we doing here?

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, April 17 2019 @ 05:57 PM CDT

Hermano, ambos hemos sufrido mucha.   Paz.   De nada ... de nada ...