Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author

Inspiration Escaped
Tuesday, August 22 2006 @ 07:17 AM CDT

Woke up at 2:something this morning, inspired with a Latin - samba style song in my head. I mean, I had bells, other custom percussion goin on, ziti, scorp and John on solos, craft on vocals, lyrics building, even a title for the song

Then I went downstairs for the free hotel breakfast, CNN on the tube, Credence, Momma & the Papa's, and The Judds etc. all playing over the intercom while I'm eating my pre-fabbed egg-sponges.

It's gone. All inspiration is lost for now, I can't even hear the traffic. AAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
cjhoose
Forum Full Member

Re:Inspiration Escaped
Tuesday, August 22 2006 @ 08:11 AM CDT

Sucks when that happens.
drakonis
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, August 22 2006 @ 08:33 AM CDT

HEY! I had that same dream! But CJHoose was on crotales...
-Drakonis
eleveneyes
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, August 22 2006 @ 08:52 AM CDT

the egg-sponges didn't bring back that inspirato? wow. they always work for me.

http://www.RayKainz.com
Komrade K
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, August 22 2006 @ 09:16 AM CDT

If you've got a mobile phone you may find that it has a voice memo function (on my phone it's hidden in the 'entertainment' section). So I sing all the ideas I have into it and I can transfer them via bluetooth to my computer later. The only problem with this is that sometimes I can't detect any recognisable tune when I listen back after a few days (partlicularly if I've been trying to vocalise percussion when I did the recording!)

KK
echoroom
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, August 22 2006 @ 09:54 AM CDT

Aggh! I hate when that happens.
Last week I bought a digital dictaphone for about £30 that goes everywhere, in case inspiration strikes. Otherwise I ring home and leave the idea on my own answering machine (which can be pretty funny, believe me ...)

steve

Tuesday, August 22 2006 @ 10:14 AM CDT

Quote by: echoroom
Otherwise I ring home and leave the idea on my own answering machine (which can be pretty funny, believe me ...)

Laughing Out Loud I do this also.
Komrade K
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, August 22 2006 @ 10:39 AM CDT

Last week I bought a digital dictaphone for about £30 that goes everywhere, in case inspiration strikes. Otherwise I ring home and leave the idea on my own answering machine (which can be pretty funny, believe me ...)

I used to do this lots but my ansafone would be continuously clogged up so that no one could leave a message!!

KK

Komrade K
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, August 22 2006 @ 10:40 AM CDT