Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
rabittwhole
Forum Full Member

Headband is what??
Saturday, November 13 2010 @ 09:58 PM CST

who the hell are these guys

http://www.macjams.com/artist/Sirens_Headband ...and why are they here for 2 years...and why do I care? Well...you check them out.
Sirens_Headband
Forum Junior

Re:Headband is what??
Saturday, November 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM CST

Ah, we are the Siren's Headband...
We be the House Band for the Extraverse!
Who are you?
Thanks for the pimp Jack!

Daug
awigze
Forum Full Member

Sunday, November 14 2010 @ 12:11 AM CST

Thanks for the nudge Jack. I hope you find the answers you are looking for. Siren's Headband works on a lot of different levels. It is mainly the brainchild of Daugrin who found a niche within his talents for my style of sax improvisation. I can say this without ego or pretense as I have been playing the instrument for 42 years and I get to say stuff like this because I am an old curmudgeon and don't care how it comes across... ToneStones was envisioned as the resident guitarist early on but as soon as he hit the scene he was nabbed by many of the finest players on Macjams and he and I both wandered off but always kept an eye on the rumblings of Headband. Over the last year - and including Sensory Overload written by Steve, we have worked on 11 or so songs. some are Daugrin and some are Siren's Headband, although the distinction is not clear to me which will be one or the other. Daug is an endless well of ideas and it has been an exquisite place to visit as a sax player. Sometimes it is meanderings over meandering, where one can do no wrong and then on other tunes it takes an hour or two to work out even an 8 measure phrase. It is time intensive but always rewarding. Whether or not I nail it is entirely up to the listener. Steve's tonal sensitivity promises to be the ascending elevator at the top floor.

Music is the master link in the chain of the tribes of mankind! -SloParts
and so it goes...
tonestones
Forum Junior

Saturday, December 25 2010 @ 11:43 PM CST

Check out the latest from the headband:http://www.macjams.com/song/65475

Calchas
Forum Full Member

Sunday, December 26 2010 @ 06:11 AM CST

The headband simply RULE!