Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Stripe
Forum Newbie

Guitar Tones #2
Thursday, May 27 2004 @ 01:43 PM CDT

How come Garage band makes my guitar sound all processed when I turn the "Effects Off" it sounds no where near as clean as an amp, plaese help me otherwise I have no use for Garageband, even when running it through my amp moddeler they all sound the same, is this normal?

THANK YOU!
dchapman
Forum Full Member

Re:Guitar Tones #2
Thursday, May 27 2004 @ 10:46 PM CDT

When you run your guitar into an amp, even if it's clean, it's being processed through the amp's preamp and poweramp, this colouring your sound. It's very strange that you're getting processed sound while just plugged straight into your computer.

This may be a simple solution, but is your preamp to your computer turned up too high and overdriving your guitar signal? Are you just using one of the monster cables or a usb or firewire preamp? This info might help us diagnose your problem.

Myself, I just mic my amp and use it. No generated tone is gonna match the tone of my Boogie. You just can't beat good tube tone... although the convenience of garagebands processors is nice...

Check out my Latest Instrumental: Waiting for the Other

Stripe
Forum Newbie

Re:Guitar Tones #2
Friday, May 28 2004 @ 04:47 PM CDT

Genious!! I have a mic I will just stick it in front of my amp. I'll also try turning down the distortion but I do believe it was already all the way down.

Anyway thank sfor the help dchapman!