Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
drakonis
Forum Full Member

New video from Drakonis
Saturday, October 13 2007 @ 07:12 PM CDT

After the excitement of getting the "Dance of the Technoids" music video/DVD published, now I am back working on my original, mysterious "Fractal Serenity" video. I have completed a couple more scenes, and have the opening fly-in sequence close to finished. I have gone back and updated the movie trailer a little, with this new opening scene, updated music, and now it is on Youtube for a wider audience, and hopefully for you to give me comments! Click here to go to the video page, or watch it inline below. This is a huge project, and will likely take many more months to finish, but I am very interested in your thoughts, as always. The final DVD will be full-screen quality with DVD audio.
ttfn,
Drakonis

Alannah
Forum Full Member

Re:New video from Drakonis
Saturday, October 13 2007 @ 07:25 PM CDT

... very kewl ...
chakeres
Forum Full Member

Saturday, October 13 2007 @ 10:02 PM CDT

Nice Eduard, looks like you have a good start on a new DVD. The beginning words are interesting going from delicate, to fragile, and then taking a dark turn. I like the Ying/Yang reference at the very beginning of the fly in. The graphics have a Tron look to them which I like, Tron is still one of my favorite movies. I think the music works well, it supports the delicate/fragile idea you establish at the beginning. Anyway nice start, look forward to the finished project.

JAC

"It's All Been Done for a Reason"

Sunday, October 14 2007 @ 01:43 PM CDT

Eduard,
couple of days ago i was checking your official website and i saw this trailer .. Part 1 maybe and it was surprise to just open MacJams and see the new couple scenes of it. This looks great, the music is very fine, loved it so much my Friend ! Thanks for sharing

BTW : is this music available here at MJ ?

keep up the good work

- Yeman A. Al-Rawi
drakonis
Forum Full Member

Sunday, October 14 2007 @ 04:34 PM CDT

Quote by: chakeres
Nice Eduard, looks like you have a good start on a new DVD. The beginning words are interesting going from delicate, to fragile, and then taking a dark turn. I like the Ying/Yang reference at the very beginning of the fly in. The graphics have a Tron look to them which I like, Tron is still one of my favorite movies. I think the music works well, it supports the delicate/fragile idea you establish at the beginning. Anyway nice start, look forward to the finished project.

Hi John, thank you for stopping by and giving me your thoughts from a photographer's eye, I value your opinion! There are a few layers of meaning in the overall story of the final piece, and there are many little clues scattered throughout... you picked up on one meaning of the rocks around the "tower", it is indeed yin-yang (strong/fragile), but other things too. Ah, Tron, yes I was amazed when that came out. I'm trying to capture the surreal nature of the dream that this was inspired by.
Quote by: Birdman Wayne
Eduard,
couple of days ago i was checking your official website and i saw this trailer .. Part 1 maybe and it was surprise to just open MacJams and see the new couple scenes of it. This looks great, the music is very fine, loved it so much my Friend ! Thanks for sharing
BTW : is this music available here at MJ ?

Yes, I just recently created a new, slightly updated trailer and posted it on Youtube for fun. I have also been working on the music, and it has come quite a ways from the first version I posted here... Fractal Serenity #1 is here if you want to listen to the first piece (posted over a year ago) and read about how the music started. I should probably post the updated version of the music soon too then? It is much longer, and has a couple of new sections in it, and is much cleaner sounding, since I have learned some new things about mixing since then.

Thank you for being interested in this obsessive dream of mine :-)

ttfn,
Eduard
gail60
Forum Full Member

Sunday, October 14 2007 @ 04:51 PM CDT

Well Eduard once again...Great stuff as always. I am emailing my deep deep thoghts by John Hanby to you.Smile
Very glad to see you creating - as you are so good at it!

Monday, October 15 2007 @ 04:00 AM CDT

I have your first DVD so I have seen it already... And look forward to your new DVD.
I am impress hove much work you have to do before the finally result.

Cheers
Kenta
Bubowski
Forum Full Member

Monday, October 15 2007 @ 10:59 AM CDT

Nice sound track...very effective, mysterious and moody.

Graham Metcalfe - Information Architecture and Art Direction
Please visit my portfolio site at www.ghmetcalfe.com.
Dragonas
Forum Regular Poster

Escape into a Cool fantasy World
Monday, October 15 2007 @ 12:27 PM CDT

I remember seeing this video when I first joined MJ back in May and just thinking, "Wow, this guy is so creative."
This video is so cool!
Would make an awesome "escape" on a late night in full DVD quality on the big screen at home. ;-)

drakonis
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, October 16 2007 @ 10:22 AM CDT

Quote by: gail60
Well Eduard once again...Great stuff as always. I am emailing my deep deep thoghts by John Hanby to you.Smile
Very glad to see you creating - as you are so good at it!

Thank you for your "Deep Thoughts", they were quite valuable, as always. I accept your critique, and will try to fix that problem in the next revision of the music (in fact, I was about to post an update to the music here on MJ, then you sent this, and I've gone back to rework it some before the update, thank you!)
Quote by: Skean
I have your first DVD so I have seen it already... And look forward to your new DVD. I am impress hove much work you have to do before the finally result.

Kenta, thank you for your support and friendship here, you are very prolific too, music just pours out of your soul!
Quote by: Bubowski
Nice sound track...very effective, mysterious and moody.

Thanks Graham, I intend to turn the mystery/mood-meter up to 11 on this, stay tuned.
Quote by: Dragonas
I remember seeing this video when I first joined MJ back in May and just thinking, "Wow, this guy is so creative."
This video is so cool!
Would make an awesome "escape" on a late night in full DVD quality on the big screen at home. ;-)

hehe, yes, I think it will be quite a "trip" on the big screen... The details are lost in the little Youtube video, but when displayed full-size, there are many little goodies that you may not notice on the first few viewings. And, additional meanings behind the shapes and symbols. I'm enjoying putting this big puzzle together to share.

ttfn,
Drakonis