Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
deputydoofy
Forum Full Member

Some really good stuff..
Saturday, February 28 2004 @ 03:07 PM CST

I finally had a chance to really listen to stuff today. My voting is based more on if I'd be submitting that particular song if I had made it. So far, it's been a resounding yes. Perhaps it's my lack of experience, but I think everybody's stuff sounds better than mine. It makes me want to work harder but I tend to get "loops" block (you know, kind of like writer's block).
To those struggling beginners (like me), keep up the good work. Somebody appreciaates it. Smile
Admin
Forum Full Member

Re:Some really good stuff..
Saturday, February 28 2004 @ 09:31 PM CST

I've really enjoyed listening to everybody's work on this site. I think there's really something great about listening to stuff that an "average joe" created -- it's honest, heart-felt, and means something. It doesn't have to be polished like professional music does, and it can still move you. I wish I had a little more time to spend creating things, but there's always those couple of hours a sleep I can give up Cool
macapa
Forum Chatty

Monday, March 01 2004 @ 12:35 PM CST

I still have a lot of pleasure listening to the new songs each day brings. Smile

But, geez, what are people thinking about when they vote? I really have trouble understanding why some get such "high" (relatively speaking) marks while others I give a 7 to linger around 2 or 3.

I sometimes wonder if someone goes around giving a 1 to everything he/she listens to.

Bizarre...

Thierry Daigneault
Simon
Forum Full Member

Monday, March 01 2004 @ 12:59 PM CST

Yes... there is a big change coming in the way of voting and general site usage. Don't worry... it should benefit everyone that is fair, honest, those that participate and have a genuine interest in help others improve as well as themselves. I'm sorry that the current system has been so trying on many people. Cheer up. Learn to accept criticism, grow from peer feedback, and be happy with yourself and your work.
deputydoofy
Forum Full Member

Monday, March 01 2004 @ 05:53 PM CST

I was also wondering if people are going around giving out 1s just to give out 1s.
Now, I'm NOT saying my stuff is great, but I am amazed that I can get an 8 AND a 1 in the same breath for the same song. It doesn't upset me at all, though. I'm having a blast with GarageBand and will not let people's negative votes deter me.
As for constructive criticism, I love it. I take no offense to that and welcome as much as possible. In the meantime, you 1 givers, keep having your fun. I have more songs for you to give 1s to. :p

nouser
Forum Newbie

Friday, March 26 2004 @ 09:28 AM CST

Quote by: deputydoofy
I was also wondering if people are going around giving out 1s just to give out 1s.
Now, I'm NOT saying my stuff is great, but I am amazed that I can get an 8 AND a 1 in the same breath for the same song. It doesn't upset me at all, though. I'm having a blast with GarageBand and will not let people's negative votes deter me.
As for constructive criticism, I love it. I take no offense to that and welcome as much as possible. In the meantime, you 1 givers, keep having your fun. I have more songs for you to give 1s to. :p

This should not surprise you. Everyone has vastly different taste in music. Some like pop and dislike classical, others dislike hip-hop and love jazz. Even within the same genre, some like certain styles and dislike others. I just listen to the stuff and vote my conscience. I really find a lot of music here that I like and a lot I dislike. If I really dislike the music, I don't continue listening and I don't vote at all. No rating system is perfect.