Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Les_Kloo
Forum Full Member

My son, bassically
Tuesday, August 06 2013 @ 07:30 PM CDT

A couple of videos of my son playing his (quite awesome) Spector bass through an Acoustic B600H/B410. The videos are set to "Headless" mode for the sake of anonymity. He's actually quite handsome, genes he inherited from his mother's side, I suppose. You can see his face in the photos in the background.

Here's his cover of "Explorers" by Muse (his favorite band, evidently). He says in his video description, "It took me maybe a million tries to get a recording to my liking. But I still make a mistake. I challenge you to find it."

One of his old man's favorites, "Shallow" by Porcupine Tree (dig that clack).

My music is much better than it sounds.
alackbass
Forum Full Member

Re:My son, bassically
Tuesday, August 06 2013 @ 07:54 PM CDT

Very impressive and the two videos display a well rounded player capable of covering different genres. Having a bass playing son I know the pride you must feel.
Char
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, August 07 2013 @ 05:05 AM CDT

Wow! You should be proud, dad. He got his talent from you. Smile

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. Katharine Hepburn
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, August 07 2013 @ 09:05 AM CDT

very cool videos - proud papa - what could be better?

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
rok41
Forum Regular Poster

Wednesday, August 07 2013 @ 09:38 AM CDT

Duane, Very cool! He looks to have very nice technique and long hands, which will bode well for him as an aspiring bassist. I'm sure your incredible chops have rubbed off on him a bit! I too am a fan of both Muse and PT! Chris Wolstenholme and ColinEdwin are both seasoned prog bassists and have a wonderful take on melody; thanks for sharing and good luck to him!
davajonah
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, August 07 2013 @ 10:55 AM CDT

Acorns, oak? My own "little" boy was too a quite handy guitarist. However, he's more or less stopped now and is focussed on biophysical things like zapping protein molecules withe x-rays. Something like that anyway! No bad thing, but I do wish he'd kept at the guitar as well. He was really quite good. Mind you, he's just bought himself a ukulele, so maybe all is not lost.

You must be a proud father! Your own lad is pretty handy. A collaboration maybe?

It's about time I changed this...

Sigmund
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, August 07 2013 @ 12:48 PM CDT

He plays well, and both of those songs are pretty cool, and very different! Thanks for posting this - you must be very proud!