Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
dchapman
Forum Full Member

GB Required??
Friday, August 13 2004 @ 12:20 PM CDT

I'd like to post some music on the suggestion of a few members, BUT the music was not recorded on a mac. It's studio stuff from 7 or 8 years ago. Are we allowed to post music that's not mac created or are we limited to self-produced & engineered mac projects?

By the same token, when I submit my first "mac created" song should I be worried about voting bias since I used Cubase for all mixing of my project???

Check out my Latest Instrumental: Waiting for the Other
_nderscore
Forum Full Member

Re:GB Required??
Friday, August 13 2004 @ 07:28 PM CDT

ya know, i think it's cool to post the occasional non-GB stuff as long as you make mention of it. i am always annoyed when peeps upload their work, but don't bother to fill in all the info regarding the song. i'm always interested in what all of you 'pros' are using.. & try to make an effort with GB so we can see what you can do with it

alanfraser
Forum Full Member

Re:GB Required??
Friday, August 13 2004 @ 09:02 PM CDT

I don't think it makes any difference how you produce the tune. For example, McBoy uploaded a blues tune a few days ago that was recorded in a bar. Whatever you're doing, it may provide information to another MacJammer about a better way to make / produce music that s/he hadn't previously considered. What could be wrong with that?

Silas Scarborough
My Duck Soup | Silas Galactic Podcast