Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
hopestoic
Forum Newbie

How long does it take?
Wednesday, August 18 2004 @ 08:22 AM CDT

I am new to macjams and submitted a song over a day and a half ago. It still has not shown up yet. How long does it typically take to post?
blamm
Forum Full Member

Re:How long does it take?
Wednesday, August 18 2004 @ 08:36 AM CDT

I was kind of wondering the same thing. I think the big issue will be if all of the songs waiting for approval get dumped in there at the same time, then what hope is there of ending up on the new songs list, unless you happened to be one of the last 10 submissions?

Is this thing on?
Wifty
Forum Chatty

Wednesday, August 18 2004 @ 09:41 AM CDT

Yeah they usually try their best to stagger the releases so people get a fair shot of time at the top of the list. That said, a day and a half is quite a long time - maybe they've had a lot of submissions over the last few days. Seem to be more and more songs arriving nowadays!

Sure it won't be much longer.

Look forward to hearing it
Wifty
Forum Chatty

Wednesday, August 18 2004 @ 09:43 AM CDT

Hmmm Last time I submitted a song it appeared in my list with 'submitted' next to it wuntil it was approved (I think!).

Are you sure the submission went through ok? Might be worth emailing Simon (using the Feedback link at the top of the page) to check they got it ok?

Just a thought
hopestoic
Forum Newbie

Wednesday, August 18 2004 @ 10:07 AM CDT

I just looked at my profile and it listed the submission as "On Hold". I emailed the Feedback option to see what that means. There are no lyrics, so it shouldnt be a content issue.

It is my first composition - but I dont think it is that bad that it would be banned.....lol

Perhaps there is an issue with file size, format, or something of that nature....

Jim Bouchard
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, August 18 2004 @ 10:24 AM CDT

I have had the same problem, though it hasn't been a full day yet, but with everything else I submitted it usually has only taken a couple hours. Maybe there's some temporary problem? I am anxious to see my song come up on the new songs list. This site is great place with a nice comment/ratings system, and i enjoy the feedback I get here. (there now, will flattery get me anywhere? lol )