Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
***itiswotitis***
Forum Full Member

TONY CLIFFTON
Monday, October 01 2007 @ 01:21 AM CDT

Echoroom asked who he was Razz

Be Realistic...Demand the Impossible!
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Re:TONY CLIFFTON
Monday, October 01 2007 @ 02:45 AM CDT

Well, it's only an impersonation of the FABULOUS Tony Clifton. Not nearly as slimy and obnoxious as the real thing.

AK was a marvelously strange man. Wink

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
***itiswotitis***
Forum Full Member

Monday, October 01 2007 @ 03:41 AM CDT

Quote by: J.A.Stewart
Well, it's only an impersonation of the FABULOUS Tony Clifton. Not nearly as slimy and obnoxious as the real thing.

AK was a marvelously strange man. Wink

i know but he did do a wonderful job and i could not find the real thing..

Be Realistic...Demand the Impossible!
echoroom
Forum Full Member

Monday, October 01 2007 @ 03:56 AM CDT

Thanks Jojo - I'm now educated in the ways of Tony Clifton!

Jojo brought this up 'cause I mentioned my own alter-ego, Lenny Vegas, who was born during writing the song 'Who is Lenny Vegas'(not a great song, i have to say).

Lenny Vegas I've always seen as a bit of a mix between Tyler Durden (Fight Club),Lenny Nero (Strange Days) and the guy out of 'The Dark Half'.... maybe I should start posting Lennys' songs under his own name!

I need help, don't I.

steve

steve

J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Monday, October 01 2007 @ 12:32 PM CDT

Quote by: echoroom
Thanks Jojo - I'm now educated in the ways of Tony Clifton!

Jojo brought this up 'cause I mentioned my own alter-ego, Lenny Vegas, who was born during writing the song 'Who is Lenny Vegas'(not a great song, i have to say).

Lenny Vegas I've always seen as a bit of a mix between Tyler Durden (Fight Club),Lenny Nero (Strange Days) and the guy out of 'The Dark Half'.... maybe I should start posting Lennys' songs under his own name!

I need help, don't I.

steve

Don't we ALL? Grown ups, still fiddling with this music thing. Laughing Out Loud

Andy Kaufman created another alter ego... Vic Ferrari, while playing on *TAXI*, which later splintered into at least three other personalities, including that of one of his co-workers. Vic would probably provide a lot of inspiration for your *Lenny*. Wink

I had created a musical alter ego, *Joe Hollywood* many... many, years ago. He was a rather shallow, unctuous and egomaniacal fellow, based on impressions of entertainers I had interviewed... or played on bills with, over the years.

It was a concept I had planned (way back then) to bring to the stage... but never got around to it. So I resurrected him years later...

Indeed, I was the artist here, on MacJams, previously known as Joe Hollywood. Wink

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND