Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
guitapick
Forum Full Member

composerclark on cd
Thursday, December 27 2007 @ 08:18 PM CST

Anybody love classical guitar? Well...composerclark has written a piece which is being performed quite beautifully by Daniel Bolshoy:

Amazon.com (this links directly to the album download page for McGillicuddy's Rant ... only $8.99!!!)

Really impressive all around.

I live between the notes

CDBaby "Above the Surface" iTunes Store

Ibstrat
Forum Full Member

Re:composerclark on cd
Thursday, December 27 2007 @ 09:01 PM CST

I bought it-it's fantastic.Composerclark's piece is wonderful and Daniel Bolshoy is a great guitarist.Check it out!
Bubowski
Forum Full Member

Friday, December 28 2007 @ 10:35 AM CST

Beautiful music, beautifully played! Congrats

Graham Metcalfe - Information Architecture and Art Direction
Please visit my portfolio site at www.ghmetcalfe.com.
composerclark
Forum Full Member

Saturday, December 29 2007 @ 11:03 PM CST

Quote by: guitapick
Anybody love classical guitar? Well...composerclark has written a piece which is being performed quite beautifully by Daniel Bolshoy:

Amazon.com (this links directly to the album download page for McGillicuddy's Rant ... only $8.99!!!)

Really impressive all around.

Wow! It's incredibly kind and generous of you to post this link here, and I'm really glad that you and some other MacJammers like the album.

Just to provide further information, the CD by Daniel Bolshoy also includes works by Manuel Ponce, Sergio Assad (himself a great guitarist), and Antonio José, all wonderful works beautifully played by Mr. Bolshoy.

My own piece on his CD, McGillicuddy's Rant, is a theme and 10 variations that I worked on intermittently over a span of something like 20 years, during which time it received a grand total of 1 performance (of an early version with only a few variations), possibly because I kept it in a drawer and didn't show it to anyone. Yeah, I think that definitely was a factor...

I met Daniel Bolshoy after a concert one night and showed him my music on a whim, and the result was that he became very enthusiastic about it and has played it maybe 50 times or more in recitals all over the map, including a couple recently in Israel. He also commissioned me to write him a piece for guitar and string quartet, which I did and which was premiered last spring, and he's now after me to write him a concerto! All because I happened to show him some music after a concert one night.

Anyway, if anyone else wants to check out his playing, the Amazon link above includes audio clips from his album, which, as already been pointed out, can be downloaded for only $8.99.

Let me know what you think if you buy it!

Thanks again, Bob.

guitapick
Forum Full Member

Saturday, December 29 2007 @ 11:34 PM CST

It's a pleasure, Clark. Great music. Bet the piece with string quartet's wonderful, too.

Very happy for you and your contribution to the musical literature of the classical guitar. Too many transcriptions and not enough written exclusively for the instrument. Thanks.

Bob

I live between the notes

CDBaby "Above the Surface" iTunes Store