Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
aclarke
Forum Full Member

Droop
Wednesday, April 23 2008 @ 10:31 AM CDT

For those of you that weren't aware, we have lost one of our own. Paul Davis (Droop), who has been posting his wonderful music here for the last several months died of a heart attack on Tuesday, April 22 in Meridian, MS.

While Paul's professional musical accomplishments are outstanding, it is his friendship, generousity and his overall kindness I will miss more than anything.

May you be at peace, my friend.

Edit:

Paul Lavon Davis (April 21, 1948 – April 22, 2008) was an American singer, best known for his radio hits and solo career which started worldwide in 1970. His career encompassed soul, country and pop music, and he wrote many memorable country music hits.

Davis was a member of a local group called the "Six Soul Survivors" around 1966 and later in another group called the "Endless Chain." In 1968 he was a writer for Malaco Records, based at Jackson, MS.

Read more: Paul Lavon Davis (April 21, 1948 – April 22, 2008)

From the Meridian Sun

Paul's MySpace Page

"An honest man's pillow is his peace of mind." John Mellencamp
ledebutant
Forum Full Member

Re:Droop
Wednesday, April 23 2008 @ 10:37 AM CDT

This is very sad news. Paul left a significant musical and personal thumbprint in the time he was here and was a lovely guy.

Thanks for letting us know, Adam.

Wednesday, April 23 2008 @ 10:38 AM CDT

I'm so sorry to hear this. My prayers and condolences go out to his friends and family.

May he rest in peace.

Sincerely,

Chris
ziti
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, April 23 2008 @ 10:39 AM CDT

i am devastated by this news...Paul was a great guy, a great musician, and a treasure to us who had come to know him.

so so sad
screamalexz
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, April 23 2008 @ 10:40 AM CDT

i was just telling him he should finish some of his new stuff he's not had the motivation to finish lately because his old tracks were so good that he has the talent and that i really wanted to hear more of his stuff. this is very sad indeed. i was just discovering his music.

I'm no musician, just hopelessly in love.
Roxylee
Forum Full Member

Ohhh.... instant tears.. He will be missed so much...

I love this place!
magnatone
Forum Full Member

I'm so so sad to hear this. He was just on a chat a couple of days ago, it was so good to see him - he'd been away a little while. What a wonderful guy, incredible musician, and really great friend! I'll miss you droop........

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
drakonis
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, April 23 2008 @ 10:45 AM CDT

I am terribly saddened to learn of his passing. But I always felt welcomed by him in chat and with his humble comments on my music, and his replies to my comments on his amazing works. He will be missed the world around... and although I am surprised to learn he was a famous singer/songwriter among us, I am also not surprised at all, given his warm generous nature. What a wonderful man he has been. I feel blessed to have even known him a short time. Thank you Paul.
Quite literally... "Ta Ta For Now" my friend
Eduard
Wiki article about Paul

Wednesday, April 23 2008 @ 10:56 AM CDT

I am very sad to hear this. Very sad. I was just getting to know Droop a bit. He was positively engaging in chat. Wow, this brings on home our mortality. I feel vulnerable. I'd better go for a brisk walk and think about what's important in life.

springclock
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, April 23 2008 @ 10:58 AM CDT

this is very very sad news.... I don't know what else to say.... may God help his friends and family pull through somehow.... prayers sent

peace

springclockwonder.com