Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Skunkwrx
Forum Junior

collapsible shoulder
Tuesday, January 10 2017 @ 04:43 PM CST

Lots of people here probably already have this album, but in case you don't, I'd like to recommend that you pick up a copy. It's been in heavy rotation on my ipod, and probably will be for a long time to come. There's a bit of everything: avant musique concrete, groovy 60's, REM-ish twanging, and moments where the music is so spare it's barely there. Highly listenable, highly inclusive, informed but non-elitist, and at the insanely low price of 5 bucks, a total steal. Buy it!!

https://collapsibleshoulder.bandcamp.com/releases

S2

BTW, I was not paid (or even asked) to promote this record. I just think it's very high quality stuff and should not be missed. Carry on.

Skunkwrx
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Re:collapsible shoulder
Tuesday, January 10 2017 @ 04:50 PM CST

and for those who don't know, collapsible shoulder is MJ's own "bud" (Kevin) and friends!

http://www.macjams.com/artist/bud

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
bud
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, January 11 2017 @ 09:36 AM CST

Quote by: Skunkwrx
Lots of people here probably already have this album, but in case you don't, I'd like to recommend that you pick up a copy. It's been in heavy rotation on my ipod, and probably will be for a long time to come. There's a bit of everything: avant musique concrete, groovy 60's, REM-ish twanging, and moments where the music is so spare it's barely there. Highly listenable, highly inclusive, informed but non-elitist, and at the insanely low price of 5 bucks, a total steal. Buy it!!

https://collapsibleshoulder.bandcamp.com/releases

S2

BTW, I was not paid (or even asked) to promote this record. I just think it's very high quality stuff and should not be missed. Carry on.

Wow - where do I send the check? Really, it's so heartening to have you dig our work and take the time to share your thoughts on it. I'll share this with the band - they'll be very pleased. I'm one lucky guy to find myself in their company.

it's all too much
Warren Smith
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, January 11 2017 @ 10:59 AM CST

They are even better live : )
Skunkwrx
Forum Junior

Wednesday, August 16 2017 @ 02:19 PM CDT

Still listening to this one. Still think very highly of it. Still think everyone should have it.

S2

Skunkwrx

bud
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, August 16 2017 @ 06:02 PM CDT

What's there to say, but you made my day. If you google the band members it can lead to some cool stuff. It's been great working with Chris Cochrane -guitar and vocals, Kato Hideki - bass and mix & master guru. The there's Brian Chase - drums. and yours truly, Kevin Bud Jones - synth & sampler & more.

I have to thank macjams and the great community that kept me musically afloat for so many years. There is still a lot of great music been made, and wonderful people contributing here. Skunkworx is some heavy stuff!

it's all too much