Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Watch & listen - Hallelujah
Thursday, December 21 2017 @ 08:15 PM CST

My granddaughter Julia started out in 2005, age 21 months, singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. She's had numerous vocal moments and performances since then. Here she is, age 14, singing Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah." My daughter caught her impromptu, a cappella singing. I added keyboard and guitar. I hope you enjoy... Smile

Take a listen >>> Hallelujah (live)
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Re:Watch & listen - Hallelujah
Tuesday, January 30 2018 @ 11:28 AM CST

How very sweet is she — and her voice, Jack. I seem to recall that you posted another video of her singing several years ago. It's encouraging to hear that there are still people born with songs in their hearts. Singing is good for the soul and I'll bet Julia is a lovely soul. Wink

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
jiguma
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, January 30 2018 @ 04:36 PM CST

Wow Julia! This sounds fantastic - I remember "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" from the first year of my MJ "life", and it's wonderful to see how your voice has developed. Thanks Jack.
Neil
Loob
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, January 30 2018 @ 09:19 PM CST

Bravo! Applause!

zzzzzzzzz
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, February 06 2018 @ 01:12 PM CST

“Never mind,” so to speak, “that it’s your granddaughter ...”   She delivered, in every way, a professional-grade performance.

... it was very entertaining to closely watch her performance, especially in the third (chosen) verse.   Her vocal range is sufficient to encompass the entire song including the lowest notes (where it has a delightful timbre), and she masterfully delivered the feeling of the song.

Personally, I would love to see another video in which she is standing on a stage, in costume, under the lights, and “blowing this enigmatic song out of the water, once again.”
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, February 06 2018 @ 01:34 PM CST

Mike,

Here she is in 2014, a couple months before turning 12, singing the Natalie Cole song "Orange Colored Sky" at a school performance...

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, February 07 2018 @ 02:56 PM CST

Really, "regardless of age," it just comes down to performance.   The fundamental ability to give a song the treatment that it calls for ... and, that it deserves.   Then, as now, your granddaughter delivered ... just as she intended to do.

Yep, she's got talent.   (Otherwise known as:   “self-discipline, practice, and hard work.” )  

You – and she(!) – have plenty of good reason to be proud.   I look forward with much anticipation to her debut performance ... cocktail dress and all ... of Hallelujah.
Moviz
Forum Full Member

Sunday, February 11 2018 @ 07:37 AM CST

I truly did enjoy that wonderful rendition Jack....an excellent natural singer if ever I heard one, with a hint of Mama Cass in that lovely contralto voice.....loved it, M

It's never too late.... is it?
Les_Kloo
Forum Full Member

Sunday, February 11 2018 @ 01:38 PM CST

Impressive.

My music is much better than it sounds.

Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, February 14 2018 @ 08:31 PM CST

Thanks all, for you kind responses to Julia's singing. Here is an audio/video where she is singing "Cowboy Take Me Away." Her vocal was captured on an iPhone, at age 12, and synced with the backing track...