Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Moviz
Forum Full Member

Help
Thursday, November 22 2018 @ 03:22 PM CST

I uploaded some of my songs onto Soundcloud over the past couple of weeks (not a lot happening). but today, I had one rejected on account that it was a copy of a song called " Going to Nirvana", and so was infringing Copywrite. Knocked me sick. I looked up this other version (my song is "Journey to Nirvana") and its on Spotify and Shazam..... and guess what happened when I played it?....it was me and my instrumentation coming out of the speaker yet this German guy is on both sites as the writer and performer. What do I do as I didn't copywrite it when I posted here and at I compositions, so he could have nabbed it from either,

It's never too late.... is it?
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Re:Help
Thursday, November 22 2018 @ 06:06 PM CST

Did you previously upload the song or music? If so, does the date of your upload preceed the upload date of this German dude. Some say that publishing of a song is is defacto copyright. At least it would prove you are the composer of the music.
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Thursday, November 22 2018 @ 06:54 PM CST

Hey Mo, I would suggest you pursue the guy and alert any following on the net this Jamoke may have developed he ain’t for real. At least the guy had taste enough to steal from the best!
Thieves are everywhere when there is talent on display Smile
US copywrite would protect your property in the United States. All you need do is prove your publish date online before the thief. Embarrass the guy Mo. That maybe all the satisfaction you can get....

Daug
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Thursday, November 22 2018 @ 06:58 PM CST

Ouch! Sorry to hear this, Maurice.

As Jack noted, previous evidence of your earlier postings elsewhere *might* be considered
as evidence of ownership, but I'm afraid these are murky waters you cannot hope to navigate
on your own without some level of legal assistance.

The fact that you seem to indicate that this guy's post includes YOUR vocal, as well as instrumentation would seem to provide some prima facie evidence of ownership, so I would guess that would be a helpful aspect in this matter.

I would also guess that if this person has co-opted one song, it's likely he's done the same with other songs. Investigating that possibility could be a very delicate matter and would definitely call for savvy legal advice and/or help. Unfortunately, such help requires money, oftentimes a lot of money.

Perhaps you could contact a local law school and ask if this matter would be of interest for a class project. It might be worth a try. I suspect it's likely to become an increasingly common issue in this digital age. Wink

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND

Moviz
Forum Full Member

Thursday, November 22 2018 @ 07:17 PM CST

Thanks guys, but for now Ive given Soundcloud the info of when it was first posted here. so I'm waiting for their decision, but Ive taken photos of the page here at Macjams as proof as well/
He seems to have just posted my song but added his name as though he wrote and performed it. I Can't tell if he's added or taken anything out, because I can only hear the sample they provide on Shazam. He's altered the first word in the title though.

It's never too late.... is it?