Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Loob
Forum Full Member

R.I.P Philip Gardner
Monday, January 21 2019 @ 08:40 AM CST

I just saw a post on FB by his wife telling us of his passing last night I believe. Here is what she wrote: Gaby Gardner here. Just to let you know that my Philip died peacefully but inexplicably in his sleep last night while down at our place at Harmers Haven. I knew he was loved by many and now I'm finding out just how many that was. Thank you for the friendships you shared which brought him so much joy.

Philip was a good friend and decent guy. I learned a whole lot from him, and his friendship and music will be sorely missed! I recently posted a track that Philip collaborated on. It'd be a good thing to go and listen to his music on his profile here as well. R.I.P. old friend!

zzzzzzzzz
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Re:R.I.P Philip Gardner
Monday, January 21 2019 @ 09:29 AM CST

Fred thank you for the news, it is not welcome, however sad it is when a brother leaves town.
He was good people, he will be missed. Check out his tunes on MJ, he is artist Philip 18.
Always a great listen...

Daug
DWL
Forum Full Member

Monday, January 21 2019 @ 09:32 AM CST

What a shock. It was only a few days he commented on one of my songs and answered a comment I made on his.

My condolences to his family.

A lovely man and musician. He will be missed here as he surely will be by his family.

RIP Philip Frown

Hanging in with the out crowd (All rights reserved)
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Monday, January 21 2019 @ 10:20 AM CST

This is so sad, so unexpected...

Condolences to his wife, family, and friends.

Philip was a true gentleman and superb musician. He will be missed here at MacJams.

Calchas
Forum Full Member

Monday, January 21 2019 @ 10:39 AM CST

Goodbye dear Philip. It was a joy to have you here. It is a great sadness to lose you.

Rest in peace friend.

"People claim there is no truth, and they assert this as true; they say that man can know nothing, but this is something they think they know; they claim that "life" takes precedence over thought, and yet this is something they think! People are so stupi
PeterB7858
Forum Full Member

Monday, January 21 2019 @ 01:24 PM CST

Hi All, I haven't been around much at MJ for the last six months for various reasons but I was planning to drop in today to let you all know about Philip's very sudden, unexpected death. Looks like the inexorable reach of FB beat me to it. Thanks, Freddy.
It is very sad news. I worked Philip in secondary school education here in Australia from the mid 90's until 2001 when I moved on to a new school but we developed a strong friendship and have very routinely kept in touch for the intervening 20 plus years.
Our shared interests of music, guitars, barracking for the same local Australian Rules football team, food and fine wine have led to many memorable times.
We have played live together on a number of occasions and just before Christmas we performed after each other at a local Australian Songwriters Association open night.
We were booked to go and see Ralph Towner, Slava Grigoryan and Wolfgang Muthspiel in Melbourne in a couple of weeks...
Philip was a gentleman. Wonderful erudite company. A fine musician. And a great friend. I will miss him.
On his behalf, thank you all for your kinds words and thoughts. It is a sad day.
Take care, Peter.
KCsGROOVE
Forum Full Member

Monday, January 21 2019 @ 01:58 PM CST

what a sad news!
Philip always listened to my songs, and had kind comments on my guitar tones. He was a fine guitarplayer himself.
I will miss him!
best wishes to his family and friends
KC

every note counts
groovehounds
Forum Junior

Monday, January 21 2019 @ 03:53 PM CST

I am quite overwhelmed by this news. I met Philip through Mac Jams. We have collaborated on quite a few pieces and each time it was a creative and rewarding experience. I feel like I know him without ever meeting. I had been thinking how I would like to take a trip to Australia and meet him in person… I am fond of him because he was passionate about music. He played guitar quite beautifully but what really got me was the tone of his voice. It was like a favourite pair of socks…. or a warm drink with a shot of whisky. Philip was a strong songwriter influenced by the the folk era and had a wonderful jazz approach to his playing. I will really miss Philip for not only his music but his whole hearted support of
all of us.
Stan
Sigmund
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, January 22 2019 @ 01:37 AM CST

Wow
His music and his soul touched me here. I'm so sad to hear this - he will be missed.

VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, January 22 2019 @ 07:59 PM CST

He was one of the ones that made this place what it was. Is. Damn, what a loss.

V.

-- My CD.