Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
alley-oop
Forum Full Member

Rolling Stone mag story about GarageBand
Wednesday, March 20 2019 @ 05:17 PM CDT

Inside Garageband, the Little App Ruling the Sound of Modern Music
http://flip.it/_9t4.b
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Re:Rolling Stone mag story about GarageBand
Wednesday, March 20 2019 @ 05:50 PM CDT

Quote by: alley-oop
Inside Garageband, the Little App Ruling the Sound of Modern Music
http://flip.it/_9t4.b

The software platform that fostered music creativity, The MJ community was there with GarageBand in 2004 and still is.
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Saturday, March 23 2019 @ 09:24 AM CDT

You have to love the fact that rather than being ensconced in Apple's giant glass starship HQ, the GarageBand unit is located a short ride away in the Apple equivalent of a windowless brick Garage. Wink

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Thursday, March 28 2019 @ 02:43 PM CDT

What really (and, pleasantly) surprises me about GB is the degree to which it has lately become “Logic Pro (Not-So) Lite.”   (I have both products.)   Apple is pouring plenty of very-advanced capabilities into a system that it gives-away to every customer ... and it is doing so on many fronts.   (Taken a look at iMovie lately?   Yes, I have Final Cut Pro also ...)

To me, that is a very smart move.

FYI:   Apple has always been spread-out all over Cupertino.   In fact, the original only-headquarters building is today known (IIRC ...) as “Bandy Three.”   The tiny loop-drive that connects them is the original “Infinite Loop.”

As for the thrust of the article, I remain more hopeful about human creativity than the author does – “whatever you do, don’t blame the technology.”   It is simply “the musical instrument” that we have today – an incredibly-refined version of a player piano and then some.   What you do with it is up to you ... and it’s what people pay for.   They don’t know exactly how you did it, and for the most part they don’t care.   They want to hear magic.   So, give it to ’em.