Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
MarkHolbrook
Forum Full Member

Re:AngrySiteKeeps Getting Worse
Sunday, July 18 2010 @ 09:37 AM CDT

Quote by: michaeljayklein
Whoever it was that bumped this thread from the depths of well deserved obscurity deserves to be forced at gunpoint to French kiss an octopus.

And MJK you know this is bad how? Smile

Wherever you go, there you are!
damiengh
Forum Full Member

Sunday, July 18 2010 @ 11:05 AM CDT

Quote by: MarkHolbrook
Whoever it was that bumped this thread from the depths of well deserved obscurity deserves to be forced at gunpoint to French kiss an octopus.

And MJK you know this is bad how? Smile

Yes for sure, so out of hand that I'm really really Angry Now! Smile oops .... Frown

I know who I am and you know who you are, but who and the hell do they think they are?
tokai
Forum Full Member

Sunday, July 18 2010 @ 11:10 AM CDT

bump...shoot me!

Born to be mild
guitapick
Forum Full Member

Sunday, July 18 2010 @ 12:48 PM CDT

I am corny...so:

The mightiest Redwood grew from the smallest of seeds.

If just one "looped" piece spurs the further development of a new piece and advancement of technique/compositional skills by the writer and/or another artist...then it's good.

Lighten up, dude. People are having fun...which is great. And many of the great composers have written full symphonies based on the most common folk themes of the day.

I live between the notes

CDBaby "Above the Surface" iTunes Store

Komrade K
Forum Full Member

Saturday, February 19 2011 @ 07:20 AM CST

Well I for one am glad to see this thread resurface - it's becoming a cosy MJ tradition to revive it once in a while. Now where's that octopus... pucker-up!

KK
Evil_Genius
Forum Regular Poster

Saturday, February 19 2011 @ 09:54 AM CST

I like it too

We've taken over Candyland. Next, your imagination.
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Saturday, February 19 2011 @ 09:55 AM CST

i love E_G Big Grin

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
dimm witness
Forum Full Member

Saturday, February 19 2011 @ 10:38 AM CST

the loops and gb in general turned me way off in 2004 as well. I liked playing real instruments. besides I didn't have osx yet.

I visited mj rarely if at all for years. finally I surrendered after having os x a couple years and tried gb. I hated it. over time I got spoiled by it -- it was a quick way to record. the drums were especially easy and sounded better than my machines :-)

I dug deeper into gb over a few years time and got to actually like it. I was just really starting to sort of figure it out when adobe audition beta ported over a couple months ago -- I'd signed the petition and like many others waited years for the mac version.

no midi no loops -- ok good BUT by 2010 I'd grown accustomed to and even Fons of these things. go figure.

now I'm learning logic express and having a blast. real instruments midi loops the whole shebang. it is fun!

the future is more wonderful than I ever expected or anticipated. there are almost too many possibilities lol the origin of overchoice

Eddie
Loob
Forum Full Member

Saturday, February 19 2011 @ 11:18 AM CST

Quote by: dimm witness
the loops and gb in general turned me way off in 2004 as well. I liked playing real instruments. besides I didn't have osx yet.

I visited mj rarely if at all for years. finally I surrendered after having os x a couple years and tried gb. I hated it. over time I got spoiled by it -- it was a quick way to record. the drums were especially easy and sounded better than my machines :-)

I dug deeper into gb over a few years time and got to actually like it. I was just really starting to sort of figure it out when adobe audition beta ported over a couple months ago -- I'd signed the petition and like many others waited years for the mac version.

no midi no loops -- ok good BUT by 2010 I'd grown accustomed to and even Fons of these things. go figure.

now I'm learning logic express and having a blast. real instruments midi loops the whole shebang. it is fun!

the future is more wonderful than I ever expected or anticipated. there are almost too many possibilities lol the origin of overchoice

Eddie

I call it growing. Way too much comparing where we stand on the pecking order totem pole goes on if you ask me. I've played an acoustic kit for 35 years, and I know I can play. Already proved that, so I don't need to anymore. Now it's time to enjoy the exploration of arrangements. My songs are no longer at the mercy of others because I needed so and so to do a "real" track for me. I've gotten more ideas accomplished, since I found midi it's not even funny. Of course I don't see most of the old friends I used to have to push and beg to get involved, but I'm making music all the time, and no such personal politics are involved. The freedom I've found with these methods that so many look down on, is well worth it for me. Purists is fine, but I see it more as "I still have something to prove". Status in the pecking order is the wrong reason to be into music. The end result is much more the focus than the methods. Oh look at me! I'm elite, cuz I don't use loops or midi. It's actually offensive to me when people do this. Means they are not good listeners, because they are thinking more about the methods. Sounds like you kinda grew up Eddie.

zzzzzzzzz

ectoplasm
Forum Chatty

Saturday, February 19 2011 @ 11:20 AM CST

Quote by: CandyandPolice
Im reaaaallly startin to get pissed cuz alotta people on this site dont really have talent.All they do is sit around, put some stupid loops together and then they think they have some kinda masterpiece.Not to mention its always the same people who vote for each other and have songs in the genre of "Open Collaboration" or something stupid like that.Hey, look, im making a song by pencil tooling stuff in.There is a very small minority left that actually RECORDS THEMSELVES.Its just so angering that all these people think they have talent but really they just dont have a life.So, to wrap it up, THIS SITE AND ITS LOOP SONGS SUCKS.However, if it wasnt for garageband, we would not have a drum track or be able to record it so thank you people of GarageBand and the people who actually WORKED to come up with and PLAY them.THEY are the ones with talent, not you.

go fuck yourself, punk.