Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
DOCTORBIZARRE
Forum Full Member

OLD PICS!
Thursday, March 22 2007 @ 09:03 AM CDT

Alright cats I thought I'd bust out some old pics of me jammin geetar! If you have any old shots of yourself playing an instrument please feel free to share. I had a little more hair back then.

Me at 13 playing my 1970 Gibson SG!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Me at 16 playing my strat that has since been stained green. It's on my artist page if your curious to see what it looks like now. Also rockin a Crate amp that I blew up long ago and a 4x12 Randall that's since been replaced by a Marshall.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

jpfeiff
Forum Full Member

Re:OLD PICS!
Thursday, March 22 2007 @ 08:58 PM CDT

WHOA--You look totally devoted to the craft at age 16, Bizarre...wish I could say the same. I never really got serious about guitar playin' till I was in my 30's! I did, however, maintain my long locks until just about a month ago!!

* Post Removed *
Thursday, March 22 2007 @ 09:59 PM CDT

* This message has been removed *
TEXASFEEL
Forum Full Member

Thursday, March 22 2007 @ 10:00 PM CDT

This was me at the age of 16. One of my favorite places to play my DiGiorgio was on our front porch at home in Brazil.
DOCTORBIZARRE
Forum Full Member

Friday, March 23 2007 @ 03:59 PM CDT

[QUOTE BY= bug67] I am sooooo embarrassed to post this. Oops! I never was one of the cool kids but, boy, I sure thought I was. Thank goodness my fashion sense has matured. Tube socks and cut-offs? Eek!

I was 15 years old living in England. I had just started playing guitar.

Dude that is an awesome pic! Priceless! Hey we all had our time when we wern't looking so cool! Glad you posted. Your not still wearing the tube socks and the short shorts are you? LOL
DOCTORBIZARRE
Forum Full Member

Friday, March 23 2007 @ 04:02 PM CDT

Quote by: TEXASFEEL

This was me at the age of 16. One of my favorite places to play my DiGiorgio was on our front porch at home in Brazil.

So you were born in Brazil? That's a cool pic man! Where's the pics of you and Harold playing together?
TEXASFEEL
Forum Full Member

Friday, March 23 2007 @ 04:11 PM CDT

Quote by: DOCTORBIZARRE
Quote by: TEXASFEEL

So you were born in Brazil? That's a cool pic man! Where's the pics of you and Harold playing together?

I don't know if I have a pic like that.... I'll have to do some digging
DOCTORBIZARRE
Forum Full Member

Friday, March 23 2007 @ 04:22 PM CDT

Quote by: jpfeiff
WHOA--You look totally devoted to the craft at age 16, Bizarre...wish I could say the same. I never really got serious about guitar playin' till I was in my 30's! I did, however, maintain my long locks until just about a month ago!!

Yeah I got my first guitar at 12 and started playing. The first guitar I had was a RED HARMONY FLYING V! It looked cool but wouldn't stay in tune for shit so I smashed it. I also had a 15 watt Gorilla amp with a bad cord.

I used to spend my life in that chair in my bedroom playing geetar. 8 hours day. I was kind of a recluse. Then I started teaching lessons at 16. Man I am glad now that I spent all of that time. It gives me a way to express myself and it is something I will have for life. Music is a beautiful thing!
MattGranz
Forum Full Member

Friday, March 23 2007 @ 05:19 PM CDT

Me on the drums 1977
My first instrument was my Uncle's drums... A pearl set. This pic was taken in 1977 and I was 15 at the time. I pretty much sucked at playing them, but the discipline I gained helped me move on to playing guitar a year after this photo was taken.

...and yes I'm sitting on a pile of clothes.

"If you steer clear of quality, you're alright" -P. Townsend

jiguma
Forum Full Member

Friday, March 23 2007 @ 05:42 PM CDT

One from the late 70s - after moving from Sydney, I joined a local band in the boondocks Smile

The beard was an essential fashion item back then!

Neil Cool