Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
TobinMueller
Forum Full Member

MacJammer Favorites
Wednesday, July 28 2004 @ 07:39 AM CDT

Thank you for experimenting with the suggestion for creating a kind of Playlist chart. I like the top right box you have added, "Macjammer Favorites #Member# says" and the list of favorites it displays. I notice it lists a maximum of 5 songs, which is good, but that makes the sorting process of how those 5 songs are chosen all the more important. It seems as if the songs charted are the most recent. If a member has more than 5 songs listed as favorites, could the 5 listed in this box be:

1. Randomly chosen from the member's list?
2. Not include songs on the Weekly Picks chart?
3. Weight more highly (in the random sorting process) songs with less hits and lower ratings?

Once more members have long favorite lists, this kind of sorting and randomization might make the new chart more valuable.

P.S. I'd love to be able to edit my Favorite lists in my profile... Remove certain songs and perhaps "tag" others for inclusion in the new chart?

P.P.S Also, some of these favorites are now broken links. When will broken links be removed from the song lists?
hacked_to_pieces
Forum Full Member

Re:MacJammer Favorites
Wednesday, July 28 2004 @ 11:14 AM CDT

1. Randomly chosen from the member's list?
2. Not include songs on the Weekly Picks chart?
3. Weight more highly (in the random sorting process) songs with less hits and lower ratings?

Excellent idea's I agree hole heartily

juedm
Forum Full Member

Re:MacJammer Favorites
Wednesday, July 28 2004 @ 10:50 PM CDT

Good suggestions by Tobin Miller! [ spelled 'Mueller'! ]

Nice to see the update of including Colored Hits to Show what I've voted on already!

I was hoping that the last line in the "Whos's Online" Box can contain a countdown Timer

"Maintenance : 086:45:03" With Numbers Descending!03, 02, 01 etc.!

Just an Idea, so I know when I can expect site down-time!

In General, Music should be "Always Different", Like People.