Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
nouser
Forum Newbie

Slow forum and site lately
Thursday, April 01 2004 @ 10:40 PM CST

This forum has gotten so slow that it's painful to use. The music d/l seem ok but reading and posting to the forum is agony. Any thought to upgrading the Forum software or the hardware it's hosted on? I know the slowness is not a result of my cpus (dual 2G G5) or bandwidth (TW cable).

Listen to my music here - Free MP3's

Jim
Admin
Forum Full Member

Re:Slow forum and site lately
Friday, April 02 2004 @ 05:32 AM CST

Thanks for the feedback. Is anyone else having difficulties? I have not experienced any speed problems of late, but we are very sensitive to these issues and want to know if anyone is experiencing speed lags. Thanks.
s0mmeil
Forum Full Member

Friday, April 02 2004 @ 09:36 AM CST

Every once in a while it seems like things lock up around here, whether it's the forums or the rest of the site, but for the most part I haven't noticed too much lag. I'm in Anchorage, AK connecting at 640/320 via DSL.

I did, however, recently clean out a lot of garbage from Safari. That might have helped.

just peachy...
nouser
Forum Newbie

Friday, April 02 2004 @ 09:58 AM CST

It is much, much faster this morning. Perhaps it was something in the internet.

Listen to my music here - Free MP3's

Jim

Ulamion
Forum Junior

Friday, April 02 2004 @ 04:22 PM CST

Overall, there is no change in speed since I first visited your site a few months ago. Lags are rare. So, from my subjective (european) point of view there are absolutely no speed problems. But maybe the access from Europe is more reliable Wink

P.S. Thanx for running this site, admins. We have a great community here, and I hope it will last as long as there is good music that can be shaped with GarageBand Smile