Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
particledots
Forum Full Member

FAKE NEWS
Saturday, May 26 2018 @ 02:54 PM CDT

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Re:FAKE NEWS
Monday, May 28 2018 @ 11:17 AM CDT

The world is full of hungry sharks lawyers who will say to you, “You have a case, and you’re gonna get rich.”   In the end, only the lawyer gets rich(er).

But, “Dot,” I have come to really resent the fact that you have turned MJ into your personal RSS news-feed.   I can’t stop you from doing it – I tried – but may I ask you to please stick to “Brace for Impact” so that I have only one thread to ignore.   Let the other threads remain focused on what they ought to be ... music.   We have plenty of web-sites that are basically telling us that our world is going to Hell in a handbasket.   MJ should not be yet another one.
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 28 2018 @ 01:34 PM CDT

Quote by: MikeRobinson
may I ask you to please stick to “Brace for Impact” so that I have only one thread to ignore.  

What the man said.

V.

-- My CD.
particledots
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 28 2018 @ 01:37 PM CDT

OK

Hopefully we will see the same requests being made of certain other peoples posts - specifically the alt-right flavored conspiracy theory nutters when they start popping up

many thanks
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 28 2018 @ 02:27 PM CDT

Quote by: particledots
OK

Hopefully we will see the same requests being made of certain other peoples posts - specifically the alt-right flavored conspiracy theory nutters when they start popping up

many thanks

what the man said

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
particledots
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 28 2018 @ 02:31 PM CDT

Quote by: magnatone
OK

many thanks

what the man said

J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 28 2018 @ 03:29 PM CDT

The world is full of hungry sharks lawyers who will say to you, “You have a case, and you’re gonna get rich.”   In the end, only the lawyer gets rich(er). ...

While there are plenty of ambulance-chaser cases, I don't believe this is one of them. I don't think financial gain is the motivating factor for these grieving parents. I would think they only wish to be left undisturbed in their grief.

It is the bombastic conspiracy-spewing Jones who is reaping millions of dollars from his false — and as in this case, cruel — narratives. Losing a child is more than enough misery for any parent. Being subjected to various forms of abuse by those who believe Jones' false narratives takes that suffering WAY beyond the pale.

This is precisely the kind of case that NEEDS to be prosecuted.

As for consolidating these issues in one thread... I agree and am glad that Bryn has graciously agreed to your request.

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 28 2018 @ 05:31 PM CDT

Hopefully we will see the same requests being made of certain other peoples posts

Those requests are taken as read. And usually roundly ignored. I was hoping that you could be convinced to be the better man.

Victor.

-- My CD.
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 28 2018 @ 09:19 PM CDT

I will again very-politely repeat my opinion that this is a music forum, on one of the oldest and yet one of the (IMHO) still very-best “hidden-gem websites” concerning this topic.   I really, really want for this forum to remain dedicated to that topic, whether or not the World is going to Hell.   (“If you feel that it is, write a song about it, and post it here where it will surely be well-received.”)

I am a regular subscriber to a number of other forums where this topic is par for the course, but I do not consider this forum to be one of them, and I cannot conceal that I resent its continued presence here.   I would frankly, and very earnestly, prefer that this site be a refuge from this noise, except when “the rage” is expressed in creative musical terms.

“Dots,” I respect you as an amazing(!) musical artist whose works are featured on my favorites-lists both online and on-paper.   It is in this light and from this perspective that I ask you to reconsider and thence to change your ways.   Find a different venue – or, create one.   Or, even better yet, Play it, Sam.”

I don’t want an RSS feed.   (I have that already.)   I do want music.   I hope that this comment will be taken in an entirely constructive way and that it will achieve its requested purpose.   If the world really is going to Hell, nothing will be achieved by publishing hyperlinks of other people who say so.   Much might be achieved, however, by creating music.   (It may well be said, and has often been said, that:   “music stopped both of the wars of the 1960’s.” )

“The pen is mightier than the sword.”   And the musical note is mightier than the pen.

magnatone
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 28 2018 @ 09:27 PM CDT

I will again very-politely repeat my opinion that this is a music forum, on one of the oldest and yet one of the (IMHO) still very-best “hidden-gem websites” concerning this topic.   I really, really want for this forum to remain dedicated to that topic, whether or not the World is going to Hell.   (“If you feel that it is, write a song about it, and post it here where it will surely be well-received.”)

I am a regular subscriber to a number of other forums where this topic is par for the course, but I do not consider this forum to be one of them, and I cannot conceal that I resent its continued presence here.   I would frankly, and very earnestly, prefer that this site be a refuge from this noise, except when “the rage” is expressed in creative musical terms.

“Dots,” I respect you as an amazing(!) musical artist whose works are featured on my favorites-lists both online and on-paper.   It is in this light and from this perspective that I ask you to reconsider and thence to change your ways.   Find a different venue – or, create one.   Or, even better yet, Play it, Sam.”

I don’t want an RSS feed.   I do want music.   I hope that this comment will be taken in an entirely constructive way and that it will achieve its requested purpose.   If the world really is going to Hell, nothing will be achieved by publishing hyperlinks of other people who say so.   Much might be achieved, however, by creating music.   (It may well be said, and has often been said, that:   “music stopped both of the wars of the 1960’s.” )

“The pen is mightier than the sword.”   And the musical note is mightier than the pen.

you continue to bring attention to the thing you say you don't want. take yes for an answer, and maybe knock off the preaching now

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"