Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
particledots
Forum Full Member

hate filled fool
Tuesday, May 29 2018 @ 12:16 AM CDT

oh...

ok

Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Re:hate filled fool
Tuesday, May 29 2018 @ 07:00 AM CDT

Quote by: particledots
oh...

ok

Heh...

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 29 2018 @ 07:09 AM CDT

Quote by: Ed Hannifin
Quote by: particledots
oh...

ok

Heh...

!!!

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 29 2018 @ 06:16 PM CDT

Y’know, I guess that I am just enough of an old fool to still believe that this ol’ world isn’t “going to Hell in a handbasket,” in spite of the fact that it has suddenly become interconnected by a world-wide TCP/IP network.

In fact, I find myself growing ever-more suspicious of the doom-cryers, because I have learned to be wary of people who present you with something that is “obvious,” especially when that very thing matches your present fears.   (And most(!) especially when those fears seem to have been stimulated.)

Is Planet Earth really filled with Fools (uhh, don't answer that ...), and are these Fools really filled with Hate?   Or are these things that are being so-earnestly paraded in front of us actually ... marionettes?   Be these actual opponents, or straw men?   Is there a hood, and if so is it winking?

All of us are probably familiar with the propaganda techniques of the Printed/Broadcasted/Movie age, but what forms of propaganda might now be attempted in this brand-new Internet age?   First of all, I think that we all must be worldly enough to understand that “some things will never change.”   Knowing in advance that we are always going to be confronted with people who devise to manipulate us, we must keep our eyes wide open and our sense of skepticism fully engaged.

... and write songs about it!
bud
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 29 2018 @ 09:00 PM CDT

It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.
particledots
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 29 2018 @ 09:35 PM CDT

magnatone
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 29 2018 @ 09:41 PM CDT

Skean
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, May 30 2018 @ 09:57 AM CDT

I Almost Always Try to Think Positive Thoughts.
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, May 30 2018 @ 10:06 AM CDT

Quote by: MikeRobinson
Y’know, I guess that I am just enough of an old fool to still believe that this ol’ world isn’t “going to Hell in a handbasket,” in spite of the fact that it has suddenly become interconnected by a world-wide TCP/IP network.

In fact, I find myself growing ever-more suspicious of the doom-cryers, because I have learned to be wary of people who present you with something that is “obvious,” especially when that very thing matches your present fears.   (And most(!) especially when those fears seem to have been stimulated.)

Is Planet Earth really filled with Fools (uhh, don't answer that ...), and are these Fools really filled with Hate?   Or are these things that are being so-earnestly paraded in front of us actually ... marionettes?   Be these actual opponents, or straw men?   Is there a hood, and if so is it winking?

All of us are probably familiar with the propaganda techniques of the Printed/Broadcasted/Movie age, but what forms of propaganda might now be attempted in this brand-new Internet age?   First of all, I think that we all must be worldly enough to understand that “some things will never change.”   Knowing in advance that we are always going to be confronted with people who devise to manipulate us, we must keep our eyes wide open and our sense of skepticism fully engaged.

... and write songs about it!

missed.the.point.entirely.

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, May 30 2018 @ 03:55 PM CDT

Okay, I'll buy that ... Magnatone, what do you think that the point actually was?