Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
particledots
Forum Full Member

Nine Inch Nails
Thursday, June 21 2018 @ 06:12 PM CDT

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Re:Nine Inch Nails
Friday, June 22 2018 @ 08:23 AM CDT

Pretty-please, please confine your “Guardian RSS feeds” to only one thread here ... or, go write a song about it.

(I happen to know from experience that you write great songs ...)

I seem to recall Charlie Daniels producing a few good songs about people who were heard saying that “America’s fixin’ to fall ...”   (I recall that he went on to say, “but we damn sure fooled ’ya ...”)
particledots
Forum Full Member

Friday, June 22 2018 @ 09:15 AM CDT

so

from a moderators perspective, what is the policy? where can i read it?

does it state.....

no links from the guardian (even though it is music related?)

no links that are critical about trump - where ever they come from?

is the moderation policy written down anywhere?

how long have you been an enforcer of that policy? can anyone else become a moderator on macjams?

does it apply to anyone else's posts?

just curious

thx
ted23
Forum Full Member

Friday, June 22 2018 @ 07:26 PM CDT

What’s the point? What ar you hoping to achieve?
This place is done. Your 700 post impact experiment has put the nail in.
illuminati
Forum Full Member

Monday, June 25 2018 @ 06:49 PM CDT

Wow. Seems MacJams has become a pretty unwelcoming place if someone can't post a link to an article about a musical act. Seems some of you all have worked up so much cognitive dissonance so you can keep your narrative alive that you have lost your ability to ignore something you're not interested in. How about a little polite decorum? How about don't be a knuckle dragger?
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Monday, June 25 2018 @ 07:52 PM CDT

nevermind - i don't care. do what you will
davajonah
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, June 26 2018 @ 02:38 AM CDT

It's about time I changed this...
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, June 26 2018 @ 08:44 AM CDT

We already have one RSS-feed forum here, with 705 installments at this counting, all consisting of URL-links from the same site to the effect that, one way or the other, America and maybe the entire world is going to Hell in a handbasket.   I can easily-enough completely ignore this thread, and I do.   I do not want to see such threads continue to proliferate outside of that one ignore-me box.

There is an obvious difference between threads concerning music – knowing that much music is about political protest and legitimately so – and a thread which for a very long time has consisted merely of the postings of URLs from one political web-site that always says the same thing.   I have an RSS-feed reader at my beck-and-call, should I want one.   If I want to follow a source and be notified instantly when anything is posted there, RSS can accomplish this task faster than MJ can.

I respect the author as a musician and am an admirer of his work, but yes, I am offended by these threads and would have them simply cease.
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, June 26 2018 @ 09:55 AM CDT

Quote by: MikeRobinson
We already have one RSS-feed forum here, with 705 installments at this counting, all consisting of URL-links from the same site to the effect that, one way or the other, America and maybe the entire world is going to Hell in a handbasket.   I can easily-enough completely ignore this thread, and I do.   I do not want to see such threads continue to proliferate outside of that one ignore-me box.

There is an obvious difference between threads concerning music – knowing that much music is about political protest and legitimately so – and a thread which for a very long time has consisted merely of the postings of URLs from one political web-site that always says the same thing.   I have an RSS-feed reader at my beck-and-call, should I want one.   If I want to follow a source and be notified instantly when anything is posted there, RSS can accomplish this task faster than MJ can.

I respect the author as a musician and am an admirer of his work, but yes, I am offended by these threads and would have them simply cease.

fortunately, it's not up to you to decide which threads "proliferate".
You can however, at any point, just stop commenting on threads you don't like.

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"

illuminati
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, June 26 2018 @ 04:10 PM CDT

My point was (is) I hadn't seen the article and love to hear what Mr. Reznor has to say about the creative process and anything else he wishes to dispense, so I appreciate the post. I'm so glad you figured out, Mike, how to use an RSS Newsreader. It seems a point of pride for you. Now how about you stop harassing long-time MJers and go make a decent song or something.