Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
DWL
Forum Full Member

Re:Passwords - lost and mislaid
Wednesday, May 08 2019 @ 10:06 AM CDT

Quote by: jiguma
AAAA, I wouldn't dare trying to change my password in account info - no confidence that I wouldn't get locked out permanently.
Oh well Smile

I had a username I set up years ago for a project that never happened. I just managed to get back into it using the saved password.

I then changed the password in the Account section and now I can't get into it at all with either the old saved password or the new one!

Hanging in with the out crowd (All rights reserved)
jiguma
Forum Full Member

Saturday, May 11 2019 @ 02:07 AM CDT

Quote by: DWL
AAAA, I wouldn't dare trying to change my password in account info - no confidence that I wouldn't get locked out permanently.
Oh well Smile

I had a username I set up years ago for a project that never happened. I just managed to get back into it using the saved password.

I then changed the password in the Account section and now I can't get into it at all with either the old saved password or the new one!

I rest my case Frown
Warren Smith
Forum Full Member

Saturday, May 18 2019 @ 03:37 PM CDT

I've been on a six-month MacJams sabbatical due to a number of factors (the biggest one being my iMac crashed and I simply have been unable to listen to any of the music posted on the site. It's hard to comment on something you can't hear : ) Anyway, I just got a new computer and signed on for the first time in months and fortunately the new Mac remembered my old password.

My policy has always been to never comment on, nor post, covers.

Fire_Angel
Forum Full Member

Saturday, May 18 2019 @ 08:47 PM CDT

Any clues about finding out what your old password for MJ is? I want to post some PBGB recordings, but can't for the life of me remember the password to login. Ditto for my jiguma password (on my ipad and iPhone) and my alter ego Retro Plien. All lost and not what I have written down - must have changed them at some stage.

I've messaged Simon/Admin, but no response, so if that's our only avenue to login after an absence, it's little wonder a lot of people aren't coming back - especially if new members are unable to enrol.

Oh well Frown

Cheers from Oz,
Neil

Are you on a Mac? If so did you use the browser facility to store your password in the keychain? If it is in the keychain you can use the software in the utilities folder called "Keychain Access" to find the password. Of course you need to know the administrator password for that Mac, but if you've lost that you have bigger problems...

Ancient Chinese proverb:
The man who does not make mistakes usually does not make anything.