Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Mcboy
Forum Full Member

bomber
Thursday, July 29 2004 @ 02:43 PM CDT

welll looks like the bomber went strafing today.......for those that got hit.....hang in there....

I live for music.......
gudkarma
Forum Regular Poster

Re:bomber
Thursday, July 29 2004 @ 08:45 PM CDT

i'm selling flak jackets.....check me out my other wares under ebay!
Eek!
nobunaga
Forum Full Member

Thursday, July 29 2004 @ 10:01 PM CDT

Lots has been said about how voting/rating might be made more fair. Dunno if I missed it but there is a way to eliminate bombings. Have the system check the votes, if all votes are the same number and below 3, well its likely thats a bombing and it should not count. Maybe be nice and warn the voter on the popup window with a message first?
fosod
Forum Full Member

Thursday, July 29 2004 @ 10:40 PM CDT

Yup. I got hit for sure. Went down over 1 whole point in like no time. What can you do? When I first started here, I tried creating false users and countering 1 bombs with 10 bombs. Everytime I'd see a song plunge after a vote, I'd pump it back with a 10 vote. But I've ditched that approach... the system apparently can't be filtered enough. I'm disappointed. Let my songs sink... let them sink.
mcsweb
Forum Full Member

Friday, July 30 2004 @ 01:46 AM CDT

Yeah, I posted a song and watched it's score get cut in half with the second vote. In order to get the original score down that low, the individual had to vote 1s. I have voted NOTHING in here a 1. Maybe a few 2s, but in individual categories, certainly not across the board. In order to get scores that low, it really has to be godawful, not just to your subject tastes, but even within it's own genre and stated goal. I post a lot of votes and comments, and I suppose somebody got pissed. I posted another song, and somebody hammered out of the gate. I just deleted the song. In time, whoever it is may forgive and forget. Who knows? In the meantime, I take credence in high scores, but I generally don't take low scores too much to heart, for anyone.
nobunaga
Forum Full Member

Friday, July 30 2004 @ 03:11 AM CDT

even the worst thing I've posted here which was intended as a complete throw-away is now rated at 4.81. There is just no way I can think of that low same number votes can be valid.
ka-klick
Forum Full Member

Friday, July 30 2004 @ 08:07 AM CDT

Maybe what might help would be something like Slashdot's Meta Moderation system.
You are given 5 random posts and individual moderations applied to them. You then simply decide if that moderation was fair or unfair. If we are given individual votes and stripped ID marks from everything, it might do some good, as long as responsible people did the meta moderation.

Another problem here is that the voting system will be broken until there is a really decent sample of votes, so if you "solved" the problem for yourself by not voting, you're contributing to the problem. THe greater number of truly reasoned votes that are in the system the smaller the effect a one-bomber will have.

-- AKA Kaklick Martin in Second Life
rmaclema
Forum Full Member

Sunday, August 01 2004 @ 10:15 AM CDT

That's a really good point. I'm guilty of that. I need to be a more active reviewer. I suggested in a thread elsewhere on this site that anyone who uploads a track should be required to review 10 songs in a genre of their own choosing. But I need to do that myself, and I will.

-- My latest track is: Last Kiss Goodbye
bloosman1
Forum Regular Poster

Monday, August 02 2004 @ 03:08 AM CDT

Well i read everyone's posts on the subject and I am now voting Razz I wasn't before.
--Jerome

bloosman1
Forum Regular Poster

Tuesday, August 03 2004 @ 02:00 AM CDT

I just got bombed Big Grin ("The Disagreement") LOL