Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Tiny_Man_Inside
Forum Full Member

Question for admin
Monday, August 21 2006 @ 08:44 AM CDT

Admin,

This is kinda a weird question.

My latest song, which I posted on the site about 2 months ago, has recently received a huge influx of hits and listens. This appears to be a total anamoly to me in that it had basically "run its course" with about 400-450 hits over the first 8 weeks, then out of nowhere has been hit about 300 times in the last 3 days.

I'd like to know where these new hits are coming from - has it been linked on a forum or website somewhere else? I know that it is linked on the Neil Young site, but it seems like the recent traffic is much, much greater than I was ever getting through there. If possible, can you let me know where this extra traffic is coming from?

Thanks!

Mason

Re:Question for admin
Monday, August 21 2006 @ 09:12 AM CDT

I would guess it's the Neil Young site.
TobinMueller
Forum Full Member

Monday, August 21 2006 @ 09:26 AM CDT

Not speaking for Admin on this, I imagine divulging this sort of info may be a privacy-protected thing. But it would be very interesting to know what traffic comes to MJ from other sites, and visa versa.
Tiny_Man_Inside
Forum Full Member

Monday, August 21 2006 @ 09:39 AM CDT

I don't know Mungo - I'm not sure that it is all from the Neil Young site. The song has been listed there for 6 weeks and it seems that the impact has been rather marginal. I mean, the song got ~ 300 hits in the first week that it was listed at MacJams, then the following week it went up at the Neil Young site. In the time between the first 300 hits and last Thursday, it got like another 150 hits TOTAL. It doesn't make sense that it would all of a sudden produce 100+ hits a day, unless there has been a huge influx of traffic to the Neil Young site in the last 3 days. In fact, my song was listed at #298 in terms of number of hits from the site...

I guess the test for the "Neil Young" theory would be to compare to other MacJams songs that are listed over there.

Also - Tobin - yeah, I understand that there is a chance that this will be proprietary information. I'm just curious/concerned if the song is being listed somewhere else - I'd like to know how others are preceiving it.

Mason
eleveneyes
Forum Full Member

Monday, August 21 2006 @ 09:48 AM CDT

they are doing construction on I-90 and detouring traffic right through Submerged Terrain Homesick Blues.

http://www.RayKainz.com
snowdragon
Forum Full Member

Location: End of County Road 10, turn left, right at the end of that road, third house from the pizza place

Monday, August 21 2006 @ 10:25 AM CDT

Quote by: Mungo
I would guess it's the Neil Young site.

An interesting question and thanks for bringing it up Tiny.

I think Mungy's bang on because my tune on the Neil Young site, God Didn't Tell You, has far and away the most plays of my stuff posted here.

I wouldn't have thought to look if you hadn't mentioned it. Thanks again.

When philosophy and reality collide, reality wins, Snow Gretzky

chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Monday, August 21 2006 @ 10:32 AM CDT

Quote by: Tiny_Man_Inside
I don't know Mungo - I'm not sure that it is all from the Neil Young site.

Neil Young did appear on the Colbert Report just this week - one could assume as part of a larger press tour. Traffic to his site might be taking a sharp upswing.

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles